I live in Nevada (or Maine, or Texas etc...) and want a California real estate license

Published by admin on November 24,2008

Well if you are an out of state individual who wants a real estate license in California, we have good news and things to keep in mind:

The good news: You do not have to be a resident of California in order to obtain a California real estate license!

You still have to take the three required classes (Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice and the elective course) to become a salesperson. To become a broker, you still have to take the eight required classes. Both licenses require that you pass the state examination and go through a background check.

Section 10162 of the Business and Professions code requires that brokers maintain a main office address within the state of California. You can find the out of state broker acknowledgment here.

If you are an out of state applicant, you must also fill out the Consent to Service of Process form. This form allows the California Department of Real Estate to act as an agent for service of process. Basically, this form says that if someone is going to bring a cause of action against you for an act that requires a real estate license and that plaintiff cannot find you they can serve the documents at the California Department of Real Estate.

If you have more questions, please feel free to call our office at 888 768 5285.

Real estate licensing stuff

Why should I enroll in a classroom real estate course?

In order to become a real estate professional in California, applicants must complete courses in Real


Real estate licensing stuff

Do this BEFORE you get your real estate license

I was up in the high desert a few days ago and spoke to a group of students who had recently finished


Real estate licensing stuff

How I Got Started in Real Estate Education

I get this question a lot:  "How did you start teaching these real estate classes? What's the story