Establishing legal presence

Published by admin on November 21,2008

In order to obtain a real estate license in California, you must prove that you have legal presence in the United States. This basically means that you must be here legally.

There are a few different ways to establish this. If you are a citizen, the most common ways are with either a birth certificate or a passport.

If you are a legal alien, you would most likely establish this by providing a copy (front and back) of a "green card".

There are a few more obscure ways of fulfilling this Department of Real Estate requirement. You can find them here:


Please give us a call if you have any other questions!

Good luck!

CATEGORIES: Uncategorized