Have you taken classes overseas? Want to count these toward your license education requirements?

Published by admin on January 27,2009

In order to get a real estate license, you have to take classes. We all know that. In order to get a brokers license, you could use a college degree to waive the two-year experience requirement. We also know that.

What about if you have taken classes at a University overseas? The Department of Real Estate requires:

"Courses must be completed at an institution of higher learning accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or by a comparable regional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, or by a private real estate school which has had its courses approved by the California Real Estate Commissioner."

If you have taken a course or have a degree from overseas the courses "completed through foreign institutions of higher learning must be evaluated by a foreign credentials evaluation service approved by the Department of Real Estate."

Check out the form to use to submit the foreign transcripts here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Real estate licensing stuff

Do this BEFORE you get your real estate license

I was up in the high desert a few days ago and spoke to a group of students who had recently finished


Real estate licensing stuff

How I Got Started in Real Estate Education

I get this question a lot:  "How did you start teaching these real estate classes? What's the story


Real estate licensing stuff

Crucial Legal Updates for California Real Estate Professionals

Find here a summary of important legislative updates affecting California real estate professionals. Assembly